So by now you’ve probably heard mumblings of “Fashion’s Night Out” and you most likely think it’s the annual gathering of shopaholics at overpriced stores serving champagne and swag bags, right? Well, sort of – but not exactly. Fashion Night Out is actually a fabulous cause – and not just an excuse for fashionistas to sip a little bubbly while browsing!
So here’s the [actual] deal: Tonight, in an attempt to resurrect the fashion industry and the economy in general, stores, designers, and shopping centers across the country are making it super easy for people to come out and support retail. So yes, there are swag bags, champagne, and celebs, but there are also fabulous discounts all over the place!
Below is a list of my favorite Washingtonian events, discounts, and offerings. Check them out and be sure to be a part of Fashion’s Night Out! Think of it as your patriotic duty to save the economy!
- Neiman Marcus, Mazza Gallerie: Between a runway show, a Michael Kors gift with purchase, a chance to win an $800 shopping spree, free makeovers, and a Mad Men lounge, what more could you want out of a shopping excursion? If you said a fabulous DJ, a live performance, and a mixologist serving you an exclusive FNO punch – you’re in luck, because it’s all there!
- MULÉH: Check out the uber-chic women’s boutique on 14th Street and shop designers like 3.1 Phillip Lim and Vivienne Westwood while enjoying chilled champagne and delectable hors d’oeuvres. Shop around and get a gift card worth 15% of your purchase. Best of all – a portion of the proceeds go to support domestic violence foundation, Becky’s Fund.
- Charm Georgetown: One of my favorite little shops in Georgetown! Stop by this totally fabulous jewelry heaven and get 10% off of your $100 purchase. And if you come in with a DC Scout booklet, you get an extra little gift. Sounds absolutely perfect!
- Tysons Galleria: It would take me all day to list the plethora of events that my version of Mecca has planned for FNO, so I’ll just send you to their website! I will mention, however, that I’m loving:
- Cocktails and sushi available at the Ritz Carlton’s Entyse Bar
- Free tote with purchase at Vineyard Vines
- Champagne at Karen Millen and macaroons at Tory Burch
- Free gift with purchase at Stuart Weitzman
- Georgetown: Another Mecca for shopping, Georgetown goes big for FNO (as they should!). They also have far too many events going on to mention, so once again, I’ll just link to their site. Here are a couple of my favorite happenings:
- BYT will be selling fabulous FNO t-shirts and tote bags at their lounge located at Dean & DeLuca, with proceeds going to support Labels for Love! You can also buy the shirts & totes from participating Georgetown stores.
- If your heels weren’t made for walking, Georgetown FNO will be offering FREE pedicab rides down M Street with a receipt from any participating store. Love it!
For events in your area and to learn how you can support Fashion’s Night Out, head to the FNO Event Listings Page!
Now be a good citizen and go save our economy! xo – KC