In a town full of do-gooders and non-profits, charity events are a dime a dozen. In fact, you’d be hard pressed to find a night – any night – without a charity event worth attending. With so many fabulous parties and worthwhile causes to support, it can all be a little overwhelming.
With that said, there is one event this weekend that you should definitely consider attending. As part of their annual Enchanted Forest weekend (a fabulous kick off to the holiday season), the Junior League of Northern Virginia’s Sugar Cookie Soiree is a must attend for those looking for a great time and a great way to give back this week. The Soiree, which stands as the highlight of a weekend filled with amazing events like Georgetown Cupcakes and Cocoa with the Snow Fairy Princess, Breakfast and Photos with Santa, Gingerbread House Decorating and Wine and Dessert Tastings, is the ultimate way to spend a Saturday night. The semi-formal event boasts an open bar, hors d’oeuvres, DJ, live and silent auctions, casino events and promises a great time.
And, while I love nothing more than a great event benefiting an even greater cause, I invited Stephany Smith, chair of the Junior League of Northern Virginia’s Enchanted Forest Weekend, to give me five reasons why people should consider attending the Sugar Cookie Soiree this weekend. Here’s what she had to say:
- Dance the night away while indulging in our signature ‘naughty’ or ‘nice’ cocktails from our open-bar.
- Be mesmerized by the soirée illuminated by the twinkling glow of 130 stunningly decorated Christmas trees.
- Try your hand at black jack, roulette, Texas hold ’em and enter for a chance to win a trip to Steamboat Springs, CO., or an all-inclusive dinner for 4 to Oyamel, and much, much more.
- Bid and win in our Live and Silent auction on luxury items available at a fraction of cost!
- Enjoy and indulge in all of the above and feel good about it because you are making a significant impact for the children in need in our community!
Full disclosure, she won me over (to be honest, she had me at Sugar Cookie) and I will be there this weekend! Hope to see you there!
The Sugar Cookie Soiree is from 7 – 11:30 pm this Saturday (11/17) at the Westin Tysons Corner. Tickets are $85 and available here.
This annual fundraiser benefits the Junior League of Northern Virginia’s community programs. JLNV sponsored programs remove barriers for academic success, promote a love of learning, and foster self-esteem for the children in our area.Check out the full schedule events here: http://www.jlnv.org/the-enchanted-forest1