We’ve officially entered Holiday 2012, which means it’s time for you to begin planning for the endless cocktail parties and holiday soirees coming your way. To help get you ready for a season of fabulous hair, skin, and nails, I’ve outlined a few of my favorite local Holiday beauty picks below. Have a look and be sure to let me know some of your local beauty favorites in the comments section. Happy Holidays!
(1) Drybar, the latest hair sensation to hit Georgetown and Bethesda is the perfect place to get a fabulous blowout worthy of a holiday cocktail party or get-together. I recommend the Cosmo or the UpTini for more formal events.
(2) In addition to saving you from the dry, harsh winter air, paying a little more attention to your skin regiment this month can keep you looking absolutely radiant in party pics all season long. For starters, I recommend paying a visit to Amber Meyer, Hela Spa’s resident esthetician (and my skin’s savoir). Anyone can put a hydrating mask on, but Amber’s extraction skills coupled with Hela’s vast menu of fabulous skin services make it the perfect place to keep your skin glowing all season long.
(3) For maintained skincare, try the Clarisonic, or as I like to call it – an electric toothbrush for your skin. It gets deeper than manual cleansing alone and gives you more bang for your buck on skin products. For even healthier looking skin, try some of my favorite products, all available at Hela:
- (4) Neova Purifying Cleanser gets down deep (especially with a Clarisonic) without stripping moisture levels that are so vital in the winter months.
- (5) Skin Ceuticals Phyto Corrective Gel – This complexion calming oil is best used just before your daily moisturizer or nightly serum and gives your skin a smooth and even complexion.
- (6) Vivite Night Renewal Facial Cream is a lightweight cream perfect for exfoliating, hydrating and protecting your skin overnight.
(7) One of my favorite beauty bloggers, Politics of Pretty, recently did a post highlighting some of her favorite “Raspberry” nail polishes and I love them for this holiday season. Check them out on her page, here.
(8) Being of Persian decent, I have a special place in my heart for the importance of well-manicured eyebrows to round out a beautiful face. To get your eyebrows holiday ready, I suggest heading to the fabulous Nectar Skin Bar and letting the incredibly talented Adrian Avila shape them perfectly.